The Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has forecast a few heavy/isolated very heavy falls in Thatta, Badin, Sajawal, Umerkot, Tharparkar, and Mirpurkhas.
A low-pressure area (LPA) is currently over Southeast of Rajasthan (India), according to the Met Office, and is forecast to move southwest during the next 48 hours.
In Lower Sindh (Tharparkar), rain/wind-thundershowers are predicted, with occasional moderate to heavy rainfall. Umerkot. Mirpurkhas. Sanghar, Khairpur, Badin, Sajawal, Thatta, Jamshoro, Larkana, Dadu, Karachi, Hyderabad, and Naushahro Feroze are a few of their names. Mitayari, Shaheed Benzirabad. At remote locations of Sukkur, Tando Muhammad Khan, and Tando Allah Yar. Kalat, Khuzdar, Ghotki, Qambar Shahdadkot, Barkhan, Sibbi, and Zhob. from September 18 (evening/night) through September 20, Lasbella and Awaran.
Rain/wind-thunderstorm Kashmir. North and Eastern Punjab (Pothohar region, Murree, Galliyat, Sargodha, Gujranwala), Gilgit-Baltistan, and Islamabad. Sheikhupura, Hafizabad, Mandi Bahauddin, Narowal, Sialkot, Lahore, and Kasur. Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, Okara, Sahiwal, and Upper Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Dir. Swat, Chitral, Mansehra, Abbottabad, Kohistan, and Mardan). From September 18 (evening/night) until 21, with sporadic breaks, in Nowshera, Swabi, Peshawar, and Kohat.
Impacts and Advice:
- From September 18 (night) to September 20, a few heavy to very heavy falls could flood low-lying areas of Thatta, Badin, Sajawal, Umerkot, Tharparkar, and Mirpurkhas.
- Farmers are encouraged to plan their crop activities appropriately.
- Travelers and tourists are recommended to use caution to stay safe throughout the time.
- Windstorms have the potential to harm flimsy buildings like solar panels, power poles, etc.
- During windstorms, lightning storms, and severe rains, the general population is recommended to remain in safe areas.
It is recommended that during the forecast period, the relevant authorities STAY ALERT and take the appropriate safety precautions.