With the launch of the highly anticipated domestically built Haval Jolion SUV, Pakistan’s C-Segment SUV market has become a little bit more intriguing.
Last year, Haval introduced the domestically made H6, but a lot of car consumers were interested in the launch of Jolion.
With its arrival, the C-segment of SUVs has become a little bit more interesting. The Proton X70, Kia Sportage, and Hyundai Tucson are all direct rivals of the Jolion.
Compared to its rivals, Jolion is a cutting-edge, futuristic-looking SUV from the inside out. There are six color choices available for it, including White, Black, Red, Blue, Green, and Grey. Grey, white, and bronze are used on the inside along with soft, high-end materials.
Its front wheels receive 147 hp and 220 Nm of torque from a 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that is connected to a 7-speed DCT automated gearbox.
The SUV has Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) features. McPherson Struts are used for the front suspension, and Torsion Bar Coil Springs are used for the suspension at the rear.
Thankfully, Sazgar Engineering Works Limited (SEWL) didn’t cut corners when building the Haval Jolion at home. The SUV has all of the amenities included in the imported model, including:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Electric tailgate with delayed closing and memory function
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Paddle shifters
- Wireless charge
- Faux leather seats
- 6-way electric adjustable driver seat
- 4-way electric adjustable front passenger seat
- Front ventilated seats
- Large color instrument cluster
- Large touch-based infotainment system with CarPlay & Android Auto
- Dual-zone auto AC with rear vents
- Full power windows with one-click lifting & anti-pinch function
- Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), etc.
The Jolion’s pricing, booking demand, and delivery date are as follows:
- Price (Rs.) 8,299,000
- Booking Amount (Rs.) 600,000
- Delivery Time 3 to 4 Months
With a significant advantage in performance and services, Jolion immediately competes at its pricing with the Kia Sportage FWD and Hyundai Tucson GLS Sport FWD. Time will tell whether Haval’s brand-new compact SUV will steal market share from current rivals.